IRNSS,Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System thumbs up with Global Positioning System.When GPS gives wider scope for global navigation system,Our desi IRNSS gives hope for bigger wonders in Indian navigation system.Here are some basic facts that makes GPS and IRNSS in two different poles.
- Home:GPS comes from United States while IRNSS comes from India
- Articulators: GPS is operated by Air Force Space Command(AFSC) while IRNSS is operated by Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO)
- Present Stature:GPS is a “middle aged” navigation with 37 years while IRNSS is just a “developing embryo”
- Scope:GPS is a “Global Player” while IRNSS is a “Regional Player”
- Satellite Fixtures:GPS have 31 satellites while IRNSS is on the go with its 7 satellites
Thumbs Up Facts about IRNSS
- Controlled by Government of India
- No risk in hostile conditions
- Separate and segmented services for civilians and authorized users ,respectively as Standard Positioning Service and Restricted Service.
- Aids town planning,infrastructure development,Geo mapping,Security measures
- Time based information synchronization
- Integrated Location Tracking
Now! Know it in detail:
Also read the 6 Amazing Facts about India’s own GPS- IRNSS
1) IRNSS was successfully launched by ISRO’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C33.
2) It could provide better precision and accuracy.
3) It offers real time positioning.
4) The technology is similar to US’s GPS, Glonass’s Russia, Galileo’s Europe and China’s Beidou.
5) The entire cost for the IRNSS project will be 1,420 crore.
6) IRNSS has a 12 year mission.
7) The 7 satellites used in IRNSS are IRNSS-1G, IRNSS-1F, IRNSS-1A, IRNSS-1B, IRNSS-1C, IRNSS-1D and IRNSS-1E.